Walking Together is an organisation specialising in working with traumatised children and those with attachment difficulties in the North West of England. This includes those who have been adopted, are under Special Guardianship or kinship care arrangements, those living with birth parents and those who are in foster care.
Walking Together provides tailor-made therapeutic packages of support to children and their families/carers. We provide regular therapeutic parenting training programmes to parents and carers and support to professionals through advice, consultation and training.
We are committed to ensuring all children and families/carers are supported in reaching their potential and are keen to share our learning with other agencies, professionals and parents. Walking
Together is committed to innovation based on up to date theory and research from the human sciences.
We provide services across the North West of England, offering family support in Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, and Lancashire.
· We work therapeutically with children and their parents/carers to provide needs led assessment and integrated interventions drawing on Theraplay® , DDP, and Therapeutic Parenting.
· We offer parent/family guidance work.
· We provide an advocacy service to families.
· We provide supervision to Theraplay practitioners-in-training.
· We provide specialist consultation to schools, professionals, and agencies.
· We provide bespoke training to schools and agencies.
· We provide specialist therapeutic group work for children e.g. Theraplay group.
We offer a specialist free consultation to families or professionals to help you decide what intervention is best for you.
Many of our services are eligible for funding through the Adoption Support Fund.
Please note that Walking Together remain open and we are running our services virtually to support you at this difficult time. Due to government guidance we are currently not offering face-to-face interventions.