We are a team of therapeutic social workers focussed on strengthening family relationships, increasing children’s emotional wellbeing by nurturing primary attachments and offering family support.
Our services are shaped around providing direct therapeutic work to children, supporting parent/carers by building resilience and therapeutic parenting skills, and working with the family as a whole.
Our team have specialist skills in working with children who have attachment difficulties and developmental trauma. We are skilled in understanding and working with children who are difficult to care for as a result of anxiety, aggression, hyperactivity, unmet sensory needs and developmental delay.
We strongly believe that it is by nurturing the relationship between the child and their parent/carer that the child can overcome challenges and heal from past hurt and trauma. We have significant experience in working with adoptive parents, foster carers and Special Guardians.
We provide services across the North West of England, offering family support in Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, and Lancashire.
· We work therapeutically with children and their parents/carers to provide needs led assessment and integrated interventions drawing on Theraplay® , DDP, EMDR, Play Therapy, Therapeutic Parenting and Therapeutic Lifestory Work.
· We offer parent/family guidance work.
· We provide an advocacy service to families.
· We provide supervision to Theraplay practitioners-in-training.
· We provide specialist consultation to schools, professionals, and agencies.
· We provide bespoke training to schools and agencies.
· We provide specialist therapeutic group work for children e.g. Relax Kids and Theraplay group.
We offer a specialist free consultation to families or professionals to help you decide what intervention is best for you.
Many of our services are eligible for funding through the Adoption Support Fund.